Category Archives: Snarky Fun
Well the time has finally arrived to get rid of the wagon…the 7 passenger 2005 Chevrolet Suburban with the LT package. Our family has enjoyed it for 54,000 miles of trips around Atlanta and occasionally back and forth to the great State of South Georgia.
Here’s more of a description if you’re interested:
Autotrader shows only two dozen 2005 Suburbans for sale nationwide with under 60,000 miles. Click here to see the link.
All service work has been performed at Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville, Georgia where it was purchased new. I have the records.
The transmission was replaced in October 2010 at 46, 300 miles under General Motors Warranty with a refurbished one. All work was done at Maxie Price Chevrolet.
The engine is a 5.3 Liter V8. This motor generates 285 horsepower at 5,200 RPM and 325 ft.-lbs. of torque at 4,000 RPM.
The LT package includes such standard features as:
- rear seat audio controls
- a Bose AM/FM radio with in-dash 6-disc CD changer
- Bose premium speakers
- 1st row leather seating surfaces
- 2nd row seats leather-appointed
- OnStar System
- steering wheel mounted controls
- power fold and adjust heated outside mirror with turn signal and driver-side auto dimming
- cargo area mat, net, and shade
- luggage rack cross rails – never used
- trailering package
- 10 way power heated bucket seats with driver memory
- power adjust pedals
- XM Satellite Radio – available with subscription
- electronic climate control
- universal transmitter – controls garage doors, gates, etc.
- electrochromic ISRV mirror with temperature and compass
- 17″ Aluminum Tires
The “Safe and Secure Package” was also added. This includes side impact airbags and an AutoRide suspension.
This SUV has the optional “Sun/Sound Entertainment Package” of a power glass sunroof and a DVD rear entertainment system which you may appreciate on long trips. We usually kept the windows up to avoid getting dust inside (and because we’re slaves to the A/C). The sunroof works fine.
Getting bucket seats in the second row is a $490 option and with three kids, it made getting to the back row easier.
A locking rear differential was a $295 option too.
The tires are all 17-inch Michelins that were replaced at the same time.
When you look at the photos, you’ll notice the carpet. It’s original and we’ve kept it covered with hard plastic all-weather mats the entire time we’ve owned the vehicle.
It’s never been wrecked. There is a surface scratch on the front passenger side fender. I haven’t tried hard to get it out.
Give you the CarFax? Okay, click here.
The asking price is $19,900.
Call me at 678-386-4694 or e-mail me at email@example.com if you’re interested.
SOLD to one of the managers of a big hunting preserve in South Georgia.